Alec Baldwin has said he is complying with the investigation (Picture: FilmMagic)
Alec Baldwin has handed over his phone after authorities issued a search warrant in December following the shooting on the set of Rust.
The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office told Metro.co.uk in a statement: ‘The Baldwin cell phone was turned over to Suffolk County law enforcement authorities.
‘They will gather information off the phone and provide the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office with the evidence gathered.
‘The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office does not yet have physical possession of the data to be retrieved off the Baldwin phone. This is in process.’
It comes shortly after they shared a statement saying the phone had not been turned in four weeks after the warrant.
A warrant was issued on December 16 as it’s believed the phone may contain evidence relevant to the shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust.
Baldwin previously shared a video, saying that any suggestion he is not complying with orders is ‘bulls**t.’
Halyna Hutchins was shot on the set of Rust (Picture: Getty)
‘It’s a process that takes time,’ he said.
‘They have to specify what exactly they want. They just can’t go through your phone and take, you know, your photos or your love letters to your wife or whatever.
‘But, of course, we are 1,000% going to comply with all that. We’re, you know, perfectly fine with that.’
Hutchins was killed on the set of Rust in October 2021 at the age of 42 after a prop gun containing a live round went off. Baldwin was holding the gun at the time.
Baldwin said he does not feel guilty after the shooting (Picture: Getty)
She was taken to hospital but succumbed to her injuries, while director Joel Souza was also injured and later released from hospital.
Baldwin, 63, later spoke out on the incident, saying he feels ‘no guilt’ because he doesn’t think he is to blame.
He was asked: ‘You felt shock, you felt anger, you felt sadness. Do you feel guilt?’
‘No, no,’ he replied. ‘I feel that there is… Someone is responsible for what happened and I can’t say who that is, but I know it’s not me.
More: Alec Baldwin
Alec Baldwin has not yet handed over phone to authorities after warrant
Alec Baldwin slams ‘BS claims he’s not complying with shooting investigation
Alec Baldwin has kickabout with children after addressing Rust shooting at Christmas
‘Honest to God, if I felt that I was responsible… I might have killed myself if I thought I was responsible.
‘And I don’t say that lightly.’
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
MORE : Alec Baldwin has not yet handed over phone to authorities after warrant following Halyna Hutchins shooting
MORE : Alec Baldwin slams ‘BS’ claims he’s not complying with Halyna Hutchins shooting investigation: ‘That’s a lie’