Ryan Garcia announces he will fight Manny Pacquiao in blow to Conor McGregor

Don’t miss a single thing about McGregor vs Poirier with MirrorFighting’s Big Fight Diary newsletter!

Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email

Ryan Garcia has announced he will take on Manny Pacquiao in his next fight after his recent win over Luke Campbell.

The 22-year-old American prospect confirmed his arrival on the world stage with a stoppage win over former Olympic gold medalist Campbell last month.

He has now posted a photo of a fight poster for a clash between him and Pacquiao dubbed "Dream to Reality" to his 8.3million Instagram followers confirming it will be his next bout.

"A dream turned reality," he wrote.

"It’s an honor to share the Ring with @mannypacquiao I will always respect what you did in and out the ring.

"Here’s to the best Man Winning."

Pound-for-pound great Pacquiao, 42, last fought in July 2019 when he rolled back the years for a unanimous decision win over Keith Thurman.

The 62-7-2 veteran won the WBA (Super) welterweight title on that occasion, whilst Garcia currently holds the WBC interim lightweight title.

Pacquiao was tipped to fight Conor McGregor in a money-spinning bout, but that now appears off the table just 24 hours after McGregor's UFC 257 defeat to Dustin Poirier.

Ryan Garcia has confirmed he will fight Manny Pacquiao in a post on Instagram
(Image: Instagram/KingRyan)

McGregor was knocked out for the first time at the hands of Poirier in The Octagon.

Immediately after the stoppage, Pacquiao tweeted: “Beautiful thing about the fight game, anything can happen! Congrats to Dustin Poirier, huge win!”

McGregor claimed before the fight talks were ramping up to return to boxing against Pacquiao.

"I know that talks are intensifying for [a fight] this year," the Irishman told The Mac Life .

McGregor was knocked out by Dustin Poirier at UFC 257
(Image: Zuffa LLC via Getty Images)

"I am excited for a Manny Pacquiao bout and it looks like it will happen this year. What time this year? I am not sure.

"We'll have to have some good discussions with Dana White and the UFC and see where it goes."

He told Sportsnet: "It’s almost a certainty. I’m hearing there’s a contract and all coming… it’s that close."

However, his defeat has thrown a spanner in the works and Garcia has now taken his opportunity to continue his rapid rise to boxing stardom.

Veröffentlicht am Kategorien Sport

Jose Mourinho sends stark message to Gareth Bale over lack of Tottenham playing time

Sign up to FREE email alerts from MirrorSport – Real MadridSubscribeWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email

Jose Mourinho says he can't "give" Gareth Bale minutes on the pitch as the Welshman's lack of playing time at Tottenham this season has again come into focus.

Bale has played 12 times for Spurs since he returned from Real Madrid on a loan deal in the summer transfer window, but only four of those appearances came in the Premier League, where he hasn't featured for over a month.

He came off the bench for a cameo appearance in the closing stages of the FA Cup third round tie at non-league Marine earlier this month, and is set to be involved when Spurs go to Wycombe Wanderers in the fourth round on Monday.

There have been suggestions that Spurs will not look to turn to loan deal into a permanent move at the end of the season, when Bale will still have one year left on his contract at Real Madrid.

Until then though, Mourinho says he won't just dole out minutes to Bale if he doesn't deserve them.

Bale has been used sparingly by Mourinho this season
(Image: Getty Images)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Jurgen Klopp sends message to Jose Mourinho after Liverpool exit FA Cup to Man Utd

Read More
Related Articles


  • Mirror Football email – sign-up for all the latest news and transfer headlines

“I cannot give players minutes – minutes on the pitch is not something I can give,” Mourinho said.

“We all know the difficulties that he had for a couple of seasons.

"We all know that he arrived injured, we all know that even this season [he is] a little bit up and down with small things.

“The most important thing for him is to be consistent in training, at high intensity without any problems, and when a player is consistent in training then the player is ready, not to be given minutes but to earn minutes.

"That’s a different thing.”

Who will win the FA Cup? Have your say in the comments below

Sign up for the Mirror Football newsletter here

Veröffentlicht am Kategorien Sport

Michael Owen identifies “the difference” between Man Utd and Liverpool at the moment

Come on in and join the club! Get our daily Manchester United email newsletter

Sign me up!When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email

The differing levels of confidence are a major point of difference between Manchester United and Liverpool at the moment according to Michael Owen.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got his first win over the Reds as a manager courtesy of their FA Cup success.

The Norwegian has led United to the top of the Premier League, taking advantage of Liverpool's drop off in form.

Jurgen Klopp's side have found goals hard to come by in recent weeks with their normally relentless attack struggling for ideas.

Mohamed Salah scored both of their goals in the 3-2 loss at Old Trafford with Bruno Fernandes grabbing the winner with ten minutes left.

Man Utd got the better of Liverpool in the FA Cup
(Image: PA)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Man Utd provide Marcus Rashford injury update after FA Cup win over Liverpool

Read More
Related Articles


  • Bruno Fernandes steps up from the bench to be Man Utd's match winner against Liverpool

Owen, who played for both clubs, felt the game was in the balance late on but United's current frame of mind was key in seeing them through.

"It was open," Owen told BT Sport.

"I suppose from Liverpool’s point of view it was a disappointing result, however, scoring two goals that will delight Jurgen Klopp. Mo Salah with both of them.

"I think today the difference with the two sides: one is very confident, on a great run of form at the moment and the other just having a bit of a blip. That almost played out.

"He [Salah] will be disappointed to score two goals and still not be on the winning side but then super sub [Fernandes] came on.

Bruno Fernandes grabbed the winner
(Image: POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

"He’s not normally a sub but he’s a game changer alright. Great free-kick."

The Red Devils have been in excellent form over the past few months following a difficult start.

Solskjaer had to deal with speculation regarding his job, but he seems to have found a winning formula.

“For us it’s a good feeling, to play on our terms,” he said.

“We’ve found a way of playing that we believe in, that the players believe in. We are getting stronger and stronger."

Veröffentlicht am Kategorien Sport