Gregg Wallace QUITS Eat Well For Less after 8 years

Gregg Wallace has quit Eat Well For Less after eight years on the BBC show. 

The Masterchef presenter, 56, said he ‘loved’ working on the food programme but is allegedly hoping to free up his schedule after being inundated with different job offers. 

An insider claimed it wasn’t an ‘easy decision’, but a necessary one to make, as he looks ahead to exciting projects throughout 2020. 

Time to move on:Gregg Wallace has quit Eat Well For Less after eight years on the BBC show

Gregg said to The Sun on Sunday: ‘I’ve loved working on the series with Chris but now it’s time to hand over the knife and fork to someone else to continue helping people eat well.’

An insider also elaborated on his departure to the publication and said: ‘Gregg is hugely popular and is in demand from all the big broadcasters. 

‘Stepping back from Eat Well For Less? wasn’t an easy decision but breaking free means he can focus on new projects after his current shows come off air.’ 

Share

The TV star has just finished filming for the next series of MasterChef alongside John Torode, which will hit small screens in spring. 

According to the insider, casting has also begun for the next season of Celebrity MasterChef which Gregg will start work on in the next few months. 

In demand! The Masterchef presenter, 56, said he ‘loved’ working on the programme but is allegedly hoping to free up his schedule after being inundated with different job offers

They added: ‘The MasterChef format alone keeps him so busy but Gregg wants to make sure he keeps his schedule as free as possible so he can take on new ventures without having to worry about having too much in his diary. 

‘It’s going to be a very exciting year for Gregg and he is looking forward to trying new things.’

If his plate wasn’t full enough, the presenter has been working on BBC Two show, Inside The Factory, which explores food production in Britain. 

He also ventured abroad last year to film the programme, South Africa With Gregg Wallace, on ITV.

On Sunday, he made an appearance on The Jeremy Vine Show to host a new fitness segment after recently shedding four stone.  

Work: He said to The Sun on Sunday: ‘I’ve loved working on the series with Chris but now it’s time to hand over the knife and fork to someone else to continue helping people eat well’ (pictured with presenters Priya Tew and Chris Bavin)

Back to business: The TV star has just finished filming for the next series of MasterChef alongside John Torode (pictured left) which will hit small screens in spring

The Masterchef host appeared on Good Morning Britain earlier this month, detailing the stark warning he was given by medical professionals before he embarked on a healthier lifestyle to lose weight. 

He explained: ‘The doctor said you have huge cholesterol here, unless you do something you’re going to have a heart attack.   

‘I went on a weight loss and fitness site and in there I tell you how I went from the guy on the left hand side of the screen [to the one on the right]. I’m 56 years old what do you think guys.’

Detailing healthy ways people can lose weight, he went on to say he doesn’t ‘believe in diets’ as they’re not sustainable.  

He explained: ‘Seriously for people I don’t believe in diets, I don’t believe in doing something you can’t sustain, I don’t believe in starving yourself three times a week.

‘What I believe in is making positive steps in the right direction gradually, that way you move yourself into a healthy lifestyle. Listen to this carefully, you don’t have to be uncomfortable and hungry to lose weight.’     

MailOnline have contacted BBC reps for comment on his Eat Well For Less? departure. 

Where it all begins: If his plate wasn’t full enough, the Gregg has also been working on BBC Two show, Inside The Factory, which explores food production in Britain

Read more:

  • Gregg Wallace quits hit BBC One show Eat Well For Less after eight years
Veröffentlicht am Kategorien Star-News