Simon Cowell will remain on Britain’s Got Talent until 2025 as the show’s deal is extended, according to a new report.
The music mogul, 62, will be a judge on the TV show for another four series after ITV extended the programme’s current deal by 12 more months, claims The Mirror.
It comes after it was revealed on Friday that Simon is letting go of ‘almost all his staff’ at Syco and significantly downsizing the multimillion pound entertainment empire after almost 20 years.
Here to stay: Simon Cowell will remain on Britain’s Got Talent until 2025 as show’s deal is extended, according to a new report
A source told the publication about BGT: ‘He is showing no signs of slowing down and is working on lots of American projects too.’
A representative for Simon and ITV have been contacted by MailOnline for a comment.
The show was cancelled last year due to the pandemic but auditions for the new series of BGT kick off this weekend at London’s Palladium.
The newspaper reports that Simon flew to London yesterday ahead of filming starting.
Part of the furniture: The music mogul, 62, will be a judge on the TV for another four series after ITV extended the talent show’s current deal by 12 more months, claims The Mirror
It comes just a day after it was revealed that Simon is downsizing Syco.
The star, who has repeatedly discussed his resistance to marriage, sent shockwaves earlier this week when it was revealed he had popped the question to his girlfriend Lauren Silverman, 44, and he is now said to be focused on family.
Insiders revealed Simon has begun downsizing the company: ‘Simon has reached a time in his life when he doesn’t want the stress of running a global empire and so has made the difficult decision to wind down Syco.’
A production source told MailOnline: ‘Everyone who has worked with him is just incredibly grateful for those opportunities and experiences and they understand the direction he wants to take things. Those that are leaving will be snapped up fast’.
Big decisions: It comes just a day after it was revealed that Simon is downsizing Syco
Simon, who shares son Eric, seven, with his fiancée Lauren, has spoken in the past about his ‘ unhealthy addiction to work’ and needing to slow down, after breaking his back in a bike crash last year and falling down the stairs in 2017.
Syco Entertainment is a media entertainment company, based in both London and Los Angeles, and founded and owned by Simon. Having previously centered on music, the company currently focuses on TV production.
The company owns The X Factor and Got Talent franchises while the music branch oversees a slew of talents founded on the respective shows.
Sweet: The star, who has repeatedly discussed his resistance to marriage, sent shockwaves earlier this week when it was revealed he had popped the question to his girlfriend Lauren Silverman, 44, and he is now said to be focused on family
Simon is said to be ready to pull back on his work commitments after nearly two decades at the helm of Syco Entertainment as he prepares for married life.
A source told The Sun: ‘Simon has reached a time in his life when he doesn’t want the stress of running a global empire and so has made the difficult decision to wind down Syco. Obviously everyone involved, including Simon, is very sad…
‘It really is the end of an era. Simon made this decision with a heavy heart but after much deliberation he had to do what is best for him and his family…
‘Running his business internationally – especially during the pandemic and since his bike accident – has become exhausting and understandably Simon now wants to focus on other things, and particularly his family.’
Ahead of beginning to film the new series of Britain’s Got Talent this Sunday, the insider explained that he wants to focus on what he loves.
The source went on: ‘Simon’s decision will give him more time to concentrate on what he enjoys. As well as spending time with his family…
‘He loves BGT and its US counterpart America’s Got Talent and he’d like to continue appearing on those and being in front of the camera for years to come.’
Syco’s Biggest Names
One of company’s biggest names was One Direction, who signed to the record company after coming third on the X-Factor in 2010.
The group is comprised of Zayn Malik, Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan – who have all since forged successful solo careers after their split in 2016.
Little Mix became the first group to win the X-Factor in 2011, and have since emerged as one of the show’s most successful acts.
The group have been named as one of the greatest girl groups of all time, the biggest girl group of the 2010s, and been described as ‘the biggest girl group in the world.’
Band members include Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall – with Jesy Nelson leaving in 2020.
Camila Cabello is a Cuban-born American singer and songwriter. She rose to prominence as a member of the girl group Fifth Harmony, formed on The X Factor in 2012.
She has amassed billions of streams on music platforms, and her song Havana became the best selling digital single of 2018.
Another star included Leona Lewis, who won the third series of the X-Factor in 2006.
The lead single on her debut album Bleeding Love spent seven weeks at number one in 2007.
Leona became the first British female solo artist to reach the top five with eight singles after the release of her Christmas single with One More Sleep.
Fifth Harmony finished third on the American version of the X-Factor in 2012, and subsequently signed a record deal with Syco.
Members include Ally Brooke, Dinah Jane, Lauren Jauregui, and Normani Kordei.
Camilla Cabello was also in the band before deciding to go solo.
Westlife consists of Shane Filan, Markus Feehily, Kian Egan, Nicky Byrne and formerly Brian McFadden.
In Ireland, they have 11 number-one albums with a total of 13 top two albums, 16 number-one singles as well as 34 top-fifty singles.
Alexandra Burke won the fifth series of X-Factor in 2008,
Burke released the winner’s single Hallelujah, which became the European record holder for the most singles sold over a period of 24 hours, selling 105,000 in one day.
In June 2014, Burke replaced Beverley Knight in the lead role of Rachel Marron in the West End musical The Bodyguard
Ella Henderson came sixth in the 2012 series of the X-Factor, despite being a favourite to win.
Her debut album included the song Ghost, which topped the charts of 2014.
Speaking to MailOnline, a production source who works close to the mogul and his staff said: ‘The experience and launchpad Syco gives its employees is completely unique and working alongside Simon is a huge opportunity…
‘He has given so many careers and opportunities to so many people, both off screen and on screen. It’s not just the UK but with shows they make all over the world he indirectly opens the door for so many people…
‘I know Simon is an incredible mentor and working with him has taken so many people to the very top of the entertainment business all over the world…
‘And from what I’ve heard seems that everyone who has worked with him is just incredibly grateful for those opportunities and experiences and they understand the direction he wants to take things.
‘Simon’s a very inspiring and loyal company leader and most of his staff have been with him for many years, yes, he expects people to work hard but those people leaving there will be the very best in the business…
‘Those that are leaving will be snapped up fast or probably likely to launch their own businesses as Simon always encourages them to be entrepreneurial, they are all creative and have masses of experience under their belts.’
A representative for Syco declined to comment when approached by MailOnline.
After being hospitalised when he fell down his stairs in 2017, Simon said of his work schedule: ‘I call it a wake up call because I think sometimes your body tells you you’re working too hard, for me it was the late nights, 2-7 in the morning…
‘You get addicted to it because it’s quiet, but it’s so unhealthy. It wasn’t a big deal what happened but it was a bit embarrassing, a bit of an oops moment. It was like having an MOT, in a strange way I’m kind of glad it happened.’
Family: Simon, who shares son Eric, seven, with his fiancée Lauren, has spoken in the past about his ‘ unhealthy addiction to work’ and needing to slow down, after breaking his back in a bike crash last year and falling down the stairs in 2017 (Eric and Simon in 2018)
- Simon Cowell agrees to remain on BGT until 2025 as show’s deal is extended – Mirror Online